*** NOW CLOSED – THANK YOU. ***
Yo-ho-ho! Organised jollity ahoy!
As those of us in the UK will be aware, it’s Red Nose Day
on Friday today. For those of you outside the UK, this is our official Permission To Be Wacky Within Acceptable Guidelines Day, in which Human Resources executives up and down the land dress up in bunny-rabbit costumes, and organise sponsored Let’s Get Mark In Corporate Communications To Shave Half His Beard Off fund-raising drives for the Comic Relief charity.
Down here at Troubled Fun-Is-Our-Middle-Name Diva, we like to jolly well Muck In and Add To The Madness. Ho yes we do! So, in the Great British “you too can make a difference!” Spirit of Joining In and Maybe Making Utter Prannets Of Ourselves But Wa-hey, We Just Don’t Care… may we present…
MEME AID: The Bloggers’ Disco.
Here’s how it works.
Imagine, if you will, the blogmeet to end all blogmeets. One blogosphere under a groove. A sea – nay, a veritable ocean – of “LOVE your work!” hugs, “Darling, you were ROBBED at The Bloggies!” air-kisses and “WHEN is someone going to PUBLISH you?” schmoozes, where tout le monde and their blogroll are getting royally rat-arsed on Vodka Red Bulls, and bopping around like maniacs to the sound of… WHAT, precisely?
This is where the meme kicks in.
What I want you to do is compile the playlist for the Bloggers’ Disco.
You should do this by:
1. Making a post on your blog, suggesting a suitably Phat Tune to be “dropped”.
(Just one tune per blog, please. No-one gets to hog the decks at this bash.)
2. Linking back to this post with the following URL:
(“But oh! I could never sully my extremely important weblog with such ghastly ephemera as this! My readers would never countenance such levity! I have standards!”)
(Oh please. Get over yourself, Mary. Now stick this red plastic nose on and SMILE, dammit. It’s for charity! Whoop!)
3. Leaving me a comment (“Woo! Me too!“) in the comments box attached to this post.
I’ll then compile a running playlist at the foot of this post, with links back to each participating blog.
Note: If you don’t have a blog of your own, then just leave your suggestion in the comments box.
For every tune that is added to the playlist by 23:59 on Friday March 11th, I will donate one pound to Comic Relief, up to a maximum of 100 pounds.
(Because no-one wants a disco to last all night, after all. Well, not when you get to my age.)
OK, time to get this party started right. It’s my blog, so I get to go first.
2. Get Right – Jennifer Lopez (asta)
3. Wild Dances – Ruslana (sarah)
4. Panic – The Smiths (Pam)
5. Yeah (Crass Version) – LCD Soundsystem (Hg)
6. Ain’t No Stoppin’ Us Now – McFadden & Whitehead (Tina)
7. Fascinating Rhythm – Bassomatic (Vaughan)
8. The Prophet’s Song – Queen (Clair)
9. Disco Inferno – The Trammps (Gordon)
10. Kiss Me – Stephen “Tin Tin” Duffy (Chig)
11. Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough – Michael Jackson (ModSue)
12. Oops Upside Your Head – The Gap Band (lathbud)
13. White Man In Hammersmith Palais – The Clash (thom)
14. Play That Funky Music – Wild Cherry (Graybo)
15. Voodoo Ray – Acid Brass (Lyle)
16. Woolly Bully – Sam The Sham & The Pharoahs (birdman)
17. Do Ya Think I’m Sexy – The Revolting Cocks (Green Fairy)
18. Filthy/Gorgeous – Scissor Sisters (pink)
19. LFO (Leeds Warehouse mix) – LFO (elisabeth)
20. Stay With You – Lemon Jelly (Larkin)
21. Shack Up – A Certain Ratio (jonathan shipley)
22. Brown Sugar – The Rolling Stones (Mr.D.)
23. Delilah – Tom Jones (Joe)
24. Too Drunk To F**k – Nouvelle Vague (Karen)
25. Common People – Pulp (Pete)
26. Ask Me (Danny Krivit re-edit) – Ecstacy, Passion & Pain (Adrian)
27. C’est La Vie – Chuck Berry (rachie)
28. Anxiety – A Guy Called Gerald (bedsit bomber)
29. Billy Boola – Gavin Friday & Bono (Caroline)
30. Seven Deadly Finns – Brian Eno (Marcello)
31. Witchy Is A Punk Rocker – The Ramones (Blue Witch)
32. Hey Jude – The Beatles (Dave)
33. PlAnarchy For The UK – Sex Pistols (NiC)
35. Heroes – David Bowie (Simon)
36. And I Will Cry – The Little Rabbits (Anne)
37. Ace of Spades – Hayseed Dixie (pixeldiva)
38. Love Shack – The B-52’s (nayf)
39. What Is Hip – Tower Of Power (jo)
40. Tainted Love – Gloria Jones (adhoc)
41. The Feeling’s Gone – The Appolinaires (James)
42. Vienna – Ultravox (cyberevolution)
43. Groove Is In The Heart – Deee-Lite (Karen)
44. Disco 2000 – Pulp (andre)
45. She Sells Sanctuary – The Cult (Mr McMuffin)
46. Crash – The Primitives (Inspector Sands)
47. Jump Around – House Of Pain (Kirsty)
48. Being Boiled – Human League (dave)
49. Blame It On The Boogie – The Jacksons (Em²)
50. Chocolate Jesus – Tom Waits (Simon)
51. Take On Me – a-ha (Southern Bird)
52. My Way – Sid Vicious (bad bunni)
53. Abracadabra – Steve Miller Band (Smacked Face)
54. Give Up The Funk (Tear the Roof Off the Sucker) — Parliament/Funkadelic (Jerry)
55. Eight Miles High – Leo Kottke (Mystic Mog) (*)
56. Reet Petite – Jackie Wilson (Gary Flood)
57. Our Lips Are Sealed (12″ version) – Funboy Three (hedgerow)
58. Kongas – Anikana-O (carlozz)
59. Tonight – Easyworld (Gary)
60. I Am The Resurrection – Stone Roses (Andrew Brown)
61. How Soon Is Now? – Tatu (T.(formerly Dragon))
62. Absolutely Fabulous – Pet Shop Boys (Joe Stalin)
63. Where It’s At – Beck (quin)
64. Never Understand – The Jesus And Mary Chain (Ben)
65. Groovin’ With Mr. Bloe – Mr. Bloe (quarsan)
66. Teenage Kicks – The Undertones (stressqueen)
67. Cool For Cats – Squeeze (Kat)
68. The Snake – Al Wilson (Anna) (do go and read this one; it made me smile)
69. Eberneezer Goode – The Shamen (Nathan)
70. Caroline – Status Quo (Andy)
71. Come Dancing – The Kinks (Miss Mish) (and this one; a necessary corrective?)
72. Lust For Life – Iggy Pop (la peregrina)
73. If I Can’t Have You – Yvonne Elliman (Daisy)
74. Build Me Up Buttercup – The Foundations (Hobbes)
75. From New York To L.A. – Patsy Gallant (Fozzy O)
76. Love You Madly – Cake (meg)
77. Prince Charming – Adam & The Ants (MsShoes)
78. Let’s Stay Together – Al Green (ansy)
79. 9 Volt – The Fierce Lime and his Pony-Tailed Assassins (Jim)
80. Birdhouse In Your Soul – There Might Be Giants (Alan)
81. Step On – Happy Mondays (stroppycow)
82. Deceptacon (DFA Remix) – Le Tigre (Dykes And The City)
83. Stuck In The Middle With You – Stealer’s Wheel (harriet)
84. You Came – Kim Wilde (newplanet)
85. You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real) – Sylvester (Angie)
86. Bright Yellow Gun – Throwing Muses (Richard)
88. Wake Me Up (Before You Go-Go) – Wham! (Nigel) (*)
89. Funky Cold Medina – Tone Loc (april)
90. Cân Megan – Gorky’s Zygotic Mynci (Deiniol ap James)
91. I Will Survive – Gloria Gaynor (zed)
92. I Believe in a Thing Called Love – The Darkness (Neil)
93. Chunga’s Revenge – Gotan Project (KW)
94. Don’t Stop Till You Get To Bollywood – Bollywood Freaks (Tim)
95. Born Slippy – Underworld (Paul)
96. Don’t Leave Me This Way – Thelma Houston (soulfire)
97. Love To Hate You – Erasure (The Observer) (!!!)
98. 1999 – Binary Finary (stephen)
99. Bliss – Muse (Mark)
100. Girl From Mars – Ash (Chick)Tunes from 101-110 are sponsored by Neil of MovieBuff.
101. Rocky Mountain Way – Joe Walsh (Clare)
102. Smells Like Teen Spirit – Nirvana (sweetney)
103. Animal Nitrate – Suede (Aaro)
104. MacArthur Park – Donna Summer (Aunty Marianne)
105. I’m In The Mood For Dancing – The Nolans (Rachel)
106. Drop The Pressure – Mylo (Destructor)
107. Cannonball – The Breeders (Oiseau)
108. Hey Jealousy – Gin Blossoms (Liz)
109. Reasons To Be Cheerful, Part 3 – Ian Dury & The Blockheads (k)
110. Tubthumping – Chumbawamba (Silver Lining)
Tunes from 111-130 are be sponsored by Anna of little.red.boat.
111. Rise And Shine – The Cardigans (Russell)
112. Copacabana – Barry Manilow (Emma)
113. Jive Soweto – Sipho Mabuse (annanomsa)
114. Girls – The Prodigy (Robyn)
115. Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life – Monty Python (Andy)
116. Finding Out True Love Is Blind – Louis XIV (Junky)
117. Blue Monday – New Order (strugglingauthor)
118. You To Me Are Everything – The Real Thing (Floatykatja)
119. I’m A Cuckoo – Belle & Sebastian (Pete)
120. My Generation – The Who (grump)
121. Let’s Get Ready To Rumble – PJ & Duncan (Laura)
122. Thru’ These Architects Eyes – David Bowie (Julius)
123. A Boy Named Sue – Johnny Cash (abi)
124. Y’a un fille qu’habite chez moi – Bénabar (laputain)
(*) Ooh, an Ethical Dilemma! What to do if a blogger suggests a song but doesn’t post about it on their blog? My solution: songs highlighted with a red asterisk only warrant donations of 50p.
Your turn. What’s the next tune at the Bloggers’ Disco?
You’re the DJ! You decide!
*** NOW CLOSED – THANK YOU. ***