So, is anybody up for doing this?
What you need:
1. A good-sized piece of fresh liver.
2. A glass of milk.
3. A digital camera.
What you do:
1. Place liver 10-20cm (4-8in) away from the milk, on a level surface.
2. Measure the precise distance between the milk and the liver.
3. Take “before” photograph.
4. Go away and do something else for 45 minutes (no peeking – it might spoil the magic), or leave overnight.
5. Return to liver and milk.
6. Measure the new distance.
7. Take “after” photograph.
8a. If you have a weblog, post the results (including photos), and leave the link in the comments box beneath this posting.
8b. If you don’t have a weblog, e-mail me with the results and photos, and I’ll post them here.
Let’s prove this one way or the other, shall we?
This is a truly important moment for science.
Update: First (and only?) result now in!